|Run||Sep 17, 1991 – May 5, 1992|
|Next Season||Season 2|
The first season of Home Improvement ran on ABC from September 17, 1991 – May 5th, 1992.
Note: This is the only season of the series not to use cold openings.
The season introduces the Taylors, the average American family, that really aren't so. Tim Taylor, the man of the house, has his own Tool TV show entitled "Tool Time" with a bachelor co-host Al Borland. Tim is also found to be accident prone and often wanting to rewire and fix things around the house and at work. Jill Taylor is Tim's loving wife, but continually gives him grief over some of the trouble he causes.
Tim and Jill have three sons Brad, Randy and Mark. Each son has their own quirks, Brad is into sports, Randy is smart, and Mark is the younger sensitive brother. They all live together in Detroit, Michigan. As said before, Tim often causes mayhem around with machines as well as his marriage. He often goes to his neighbor, Wilson, who is known to give very profound and helpful advice. Wilson is always found in the backyard behind Tim's fence.
- Pilot (series premiere)
- Mow Better Blues
- Off Sides
- Satellite on a Hot Tim's Roof
- Wild Kingdom
- Adventures in Fine Dining
- Nothing More Than Feelings
- Flying Sauces
- Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble
- Reach Out and Teach Someone
- Look Who's Not Talking
- Yule Better Watch Out
- Up Your Alley
- For Whom the Belch Tolls
- Forever Jung
- Jill's Birthday
- What About Bob?
- Baby, It's Cold Outside
- Unchained Malady
- Birds of a Feather Flock to Taylor
- A Battle of Wheels
- Luck Be a Taylor Tonight
- Al's Fair in Love and War
- Stereo-Typical (season finale)
- Tim Allen as Tim Taylor
- Patricia Richardson as Jill Taylor
- Zachery Ty Bryan as Brad Taylor
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Randy Taylor
- Taran Noah Smith as Mark Taylor
- Richard Karn as Al Borland
- Debbe Dunning as Heidi Keppert
- Earl Hindman as Wilson W. Wilson Jr.