|Run||Sep 16, 1992 – May 19, 1993|
|Prev Season||Season 1|
|Next Season||Season 3|
The second season of Home Improvement ran on ABC from September 16th, 1992 - May 19th 1993.
NOTES: This is the last season to feature Pamela Anderson due to her leaving the series after this season. Home Improvement began each episode with a cold open, which remained in use until the end of the series. Richard Karn is added to the opening credits.
Similar to the Season 1 opening credits, a new headshot for Jill is used. We cut to Tim in the backyard, and Wilson appears. Wilson appears behind his fence. Al gives Tim the drill, and we see a shot of Tim and Al. The Tool Time logo appeared. The sequence ends with a shot of the Taylor family.
The season introduces the Taylors, the average American family, they aren't really so. Tim Taylor, the man of the house, has his own TV show entitled "Tool Time" with a bachelor co-host Al Borland. Tim is also found to be the accident prone and often wanting to rewire and fix things around the house and at work. Jill Taylor is Tim's loving wife, but continually gives him grief over some of the trouble he causes.
Tim and Jill have three sons Brad, Randy and Mark. Each son has their own quirks, Brad is into sports, Randy is smart, and Mark is the younger sensitive brother. They all live together in Detroit, Michigan. As said before, Tim often causes mayhem around with machines as well as his marriage. He often goes to his neighbor, Wilson, who is known to give very profound and helpful advice. Wilson is always found in the backyard behind Tim's fence.
- Read My Hips (season premiere)
- Rites and Wrongs of Passage
- Overactive Glance
- Groin Pains
- Heavy Meddle
- The Haunting of Taylor House
- Roomie for Improvement
- May the Best Man Win
- Where There's a Will, There's a Way
- Let's Did Lunch
- Abandoned Family
- I'm Scheming of a White Christmas
- Bell Bottom Blues
- Howard's End
- Love is a Many Splintered Thing
- Dances with Tools
- You're Driving Me Crazy, You're Driving Me Nuts
- Bye Bye Birdie
- Karate or Not, Here I Come!
- Shooting Three to Make Tutu
- Much Ado About Nana
- Ex Marks the Spot
- To Build or Not to Build
- Birth of a Hot Rod
- The Great Race (season finale)
Tim Allen as Tim Taylor
- Patricia Richardson as Jill Taylor, Tim's wife
- Earl Hindman as Wilson W. Wilson Jr.
- Taran Noah Smith as Mark Taylor, Tim & Jill's 3rd son
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Randy Taylor, Tim & Jill's 2nd son
- Zachery Ty Bryan as Brad Taylor, Tim & Jill's 1st son
- Richard Karn as Al Borland