|The Longest Day|
|Season 05, Episode 22|
|Air Date||March 19, 1996|
|Writer||Elliot Shoenman |
|Previous||Engine and a Haircut, Two Fights|
|Next||Mr. Wilson's Opus|
The Longest Day is the twenty-second episode of the fifth season. First aired on March 19, 1996 on the ABC network in the United States.
After a medical checkup, Randy has to see a specialist because of some swelling on his neck. According to the specialist, it could be a simple goiter, which is harmless; it could be hypothyroidism which is treatable with a daily pill; or it could serious thyroid cancer, which may require surgery or worse, much to Jill and Tim's horror. And it will take a day to for the test results to come through to determine which one it is, leaving the family anxiously biting their nails waiting for the answer.
Montage of scenes, set to John Michael Montgomery's "I Love the Way You Love Me"
- Jill sleeps with baby Randy in a rocking chair.
- Jill feeds Randy in a high chair.
- Tim chases Randy across the living room.
- Jill chases Randy down the hall. She catches by throwing onto her shoulder.
- Tim wrestles with Randy in the backyard, waggling his arms and legs (Bell Bottom Blues).
- Randy prances around the living room in a Peter Pan costume (Groin Pains).
- Randy jumps downstairs by announcing something, while Tim and Jill congratulate (Groin Pains).
- Tim hugs Randy in his bedroom (This Joke's for You).
- Randy dressed up for the Christmas pageant (Yule Better Watch Out).
- Tim and the boys ran on the beach (A Taylor Runs Through It).